Commonly Asked Banquet Questions
1. What do I need to do to reserve a date? A Banquet Packet is available online. Inside you will read our policy, pricing information and menu selection choices. To reserve a specific date please contact our Clubhouse Manager, Corey Lewis. Also, carefully read the banquet policies, sign the provided contract and submit a deposit of $1000.00. It is highly recommended that you visit our facility. Please call 801-571-0583 to schedule a time.
2. May I have my wedding ceremony at HVCC? Yes, you may hold the ceremony or a ring ceremony at HVCC. An additional fee of $250.00 will be charged for set up and facility use.
3. How many guests can HVCC accommodate? HVCC can accommodate up to 300 people with variances due to dance floor and/or buffet tables.
4. How much will my event cost at HVCC? Facility Rental: $1000.00, $500.00 or $100.00 depending on room size, $250.00 Ceremony Fee, $16.00 food minimum, 20% service charge, 7.85% Utah Sales and Restaurant Tax. Any other additional services, i.e: Dance floor rental, beverage choice, cake cutting fee, etc.
5. How do I determine a guaranteed final count for my event? If you do not request RSVP’s from your guests the next best way to determine the number of guests is by reviewing your invitation list. Typically half of all local invited guests will attend and bring a guest of their own. Please review your invitation list and provide us with the most accurate count possible so we may provide you with the finest food and the appropriate staff required to make your function a success.
6. What happens if my guest count exceeds the guaranteed number? It is our policy to provide the best food and service that is both pleasing to the palate as well as the eye. We will continue to provide food and services for all those in attendance from the first guest to the last. However, there may be changes to the menu selection. All arrangements are subject to any applicable sales tax and 20% service charge.
7. Does HVCC provide wedding cakes? We do not provide wedding cakes. However, the service staff will cut and serve the wedding cake provided by you in exchange for a dessert selection. If a dessert is not included in the selected menu, a cake-cutting fee of $1.00 per person will be charged.
8. Does HVCC provide decorations? For your convenience Hidden Valley Country Club will provide votive candles upon request. The Club does not provide any other decorations, floral centerpieces or entertainment. However, if you would like the Club to make arrangements for any of these please contact Corey Lewis for further details. All decorations are limited to inside the banquet room outside decorations are not allowed.
9. May we throw rice as the bride and groom depart? It is the Club’s policy not to throw rice, as it is dangerous to the bird population living in this area. However balloons, lighting sparklers and blowing bubbles are all acceptable for use outside.
10. How does HVCC determine the number of guests for receptions in which guests come and go throughout the evening? Club staff counts place settings used during the evening, the plates used on the buffet and does a visual count of guests in attendance. The guaranteed count submitted by you before the event may also help determine billing.
11. Are we limited to what is featured in the menu? Absolutely not. If you are interested in serving items that are not listed in the Banquet Packet we encourage you to discuss this with Corey Lewis. Our staff would be more than happy to work with you in developing a menu that fits your occasion perfectly.